Favorite Northeast Ohio Libraries for Writers

As National Library Week is in April, when I am all about National Poetry Month, I am
Halfway into my walk
celebrating libraries this week by writing about a few of my favorites.  Actually, I celebrate libraries every week, every day if you count that my 3-mile morning walk usually takes me past my local Stark County District Library branch library, Perry Sippo. 

I wrote in this blog a while ago with excitement about a big research archive I visited in Atlanta, and with my academic husband, I have gotten to work in the grand libraries of UC-Santa Cruz, UC- Berkeley, Princeton, and the Library of Congress. Loved all those places and many others, near (Massillon, Ohio  Library's video collection) and far (Trinity Library in Dublin, and oh, dear heart, the British Library in London). 

This week, though, I am going to focus on five Northeast Ohio libraries which are particularly strong in resources for writers.

First, I will celebrate the new and exciting Cuyahoga County Public Library's South Euclid-Lyndhurst Branch with its William Skirball Writers Center. (Read it Here.)

Then, I'll go a few miles away to the Literature Department of the  Cleveland Public Library (Here )

Third, I'll write about the Performance Center and activities at the East Cleveland Public Library. (Here)

and a terrific Teen Writers Workshop at the Canal Fulton Public Library. (Here.)


And finally, I am going to come back to my own county, Stark, to show you around the writer activity at the Stark District Library (Here.)

I'm a big fan of all the digital resources that libraries are making available, but in this series, while I will be including two digital resources for writers, I am more interested in spaces, hard copy collections, and other in-person stuff. This series is about working writers and writers working in communities, assisted by our libraries and their great librarians, working with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment